Lake Currimundi-Kawana Lions Club
Lions members are ordinary people doing extraordinary things - supporting people with a disability and Youth, fundraising for worthwhile causes.
Be a part of the change. Join the Lake Currimundi-Kawana Lions Club.
We meet every 2nd and 4th Monday of every month at Kawana Surf Life Saving Club, 99 Pacific Boulevard, Buddina.
Highlights of the 2017-18 year:
- Members attended National Convention in Townsville
- Members attended District Convention in Dalby
- WeeklySausage Sizzles at Bunnings Caloundra 2017 – Every Friday
- Sausage Sizzles at Bunnings Kawana 2018
- Youth of the Year
- Lions Cord Blood Grocery Grab
- Lions Peace Poster Competition for Schools
- Lights on the Lake
- Lions Recycle for Sight - Collection of Eye Glasses
- Sale of Christmas Cakes and Lions Mints
- Provision of Hospital bags to Caloundra Hospital
- Children of Courage awards
- Reading Warriers Competition - Meridan College
- Chartered the University of Sunshine Coast Leo Club
- Collection of recycled Stamps for Lions Mobility Fooundation
- Childhood Cancer colletion of 1,000,000 1/2/5cents coins
- Currimundi Special School $2,495.00
- Eagle Wings - support for Zambia $1,000.00
- Lions Camp Duckadang - $1,000.00
- Lions Cord Blood - $1,00.00
- STEPS - $1,450.00
- LifeFlight - $1,000.00
- Lions InPlace - $1,000.00
- Brighter Future 4 kids - donation for shoes and socks for kids at local schools $500.00
- Salvation Army & Hope Within Reach - donation to purchase winter pyjamas for children - $848.20
- Make A Wish - $1,000.00
- Wish List -$1,000.00
- Humming House - $1,000.00
- Cittamani - $750.00
- Advanced Wellness - MS Sufferer - $1,254.31
- Bone Marrow Transplant recepient - $1,119.00
- Kawana Socuts/Girl Guides - $500.00 each
- Kawana/Dicky Beach Nippers - $500.00 each
- Leukemia Foundation - $1,000.00
- PCYC - $1,000.00
- STEMM - $1,000.00
- Vietnman Vets - $1,000.00
- SunnyKids - $500.00
- Olig Twins Therapy - $520.00
- Ryan - Jump Start Intervention - $500.00
Many more smaller donations to local and Lions Charities making the total of donations for the year $37,450.57.
We are the Lions
We meet the needs of our local communities and the world.
Our 1.3 million men and women in 205 countries and geographic areas conduct vision and health screenings, build parks, support eye hospitals, award scholarships, assist youth, provide help in time of disaster and much more.
Join us in making our communities and the world better places to live.
Becoming a Lion
Lions club members are men and women who strive to make a difference in
their local community as well as in communities worldwide. Their
volunteer efforts go beyond the support of vision care, to addressing
unmet health and education needs worldwide.