Lake Currimundi-Kawana Lions Club
Lions members are ordinary people doing extraordinary things - supporting people with a disability and Youth, fundraising for worthwhile causes.
Be a part of the change. Join the Lake Currimundi-Kawana Lions Club.
We meet every 2nd and 4th Monday of every month at Kawana Surf Life Saving Club, 99 Pacific Boulevard, Buddina - Timings - 6.30 pm for a 7 pm start.
Highlights of the 2018-19 year included:
- Members attended the National Convention in Geelong
- Members attended the District Convention in Roma
- Bi-Monthly Sausage Sizzles at Bunnings Kawana on a Saturday or Sunday
- Support for the Sunshine Coast Emergency Services Expo with a total of $2,584 raised shared equally between three organisations - Life Flight, Blue Hope and The Children's Foundation]
- Lions Cord Blood Grocery Grab
- Lions Peace Poster Competition for Schools
- Lions Recycle for Sight - Collection of Eye Glasses
- Sale of Christmas Cakes and Lions Mints
- Provision of Hospital bags to Caloundra Hospital
- Children of Courage Awards
- Support for the University of Sunshine Coast Leo Club
- Collection of recycled Stamps for the Lions Mobility Foundation
- Support for the 30th Birthday celebrations of the Kawana Community Center and Library.
Donations 2018-19 - Local Community Projects
- Currimundi Special School $500
- Eagle Wings - support for Zambia $500
- Lions Cord Blood Foundation - $500
- STEPS - $500
- Salvation Army & Hope Within Reach - donation to purchase winter pyjamas for children - $309 plus $300 to the Kawana Charity Sewing Group for their support to this project.
- Wish List - $300
- Hummingbird House Children's Hospice - $500
- Cittamani - $500
- Kawana Boy Scouts - $300
- Kawana Nippers - $500
- Bone Marrow Transplant recipient - $548
- Kawana State College Awards and Chaplaincy $300 each
Plus many more smaller donations to locall causes making up a total of $7,827
Donations 2018-19 - Lion Clubs International and Australian Projects
Donations for a total of $8,180 were
- Lions Club International Foundation - $1,000
- Australian Lions Foundation - $500
- District 201Q3 Qld Drought and Flood Appeal $1,300
- District 201Q3 Hunger Program - $500
- Lions Cord Blood Foundation - $500
- Lions Australia Diabetes Foundation - $250
- Lions Eye Health Program - $60
- Lions Zone 12 Mustang Walker Appeal - $400
- Lions Camo Duckadang - $1,000
- Lions Youth Insearch - $500
- Australian Lions Childrens Mobility Foundation - $300
- Australian Lions Drug Awareness Foundation - $500
- Lions Prostate Cancer Research, Treatment and Support Project - $500
- Australian Lions Children's Cancer Research Foundation - $370
The grand total of donations for the year were $16,007
We are the Lions
We meet the needs of our local communities and the world.
Our 1.4 million men and women in over 200 countries and geographic areas conduct vision and health screenings, build parks, support eye hospitals, award scholarships, assist youth, provide help in time of disaster and much more.
In Australia you would be joining more than 30,000 Lions, Lionesses and Leos in 1,350 Clubs
Join us in making our communities and the world better places to live.
WHY NOT CHECK US OUT TO SEE IF YOU CAN HELP US OR WE CAN HELP YOU!!
For more information on how you can do this why not contact the:
- Club President - Norm JENSEN on 0404 984 455, or
- Membership Director - Lorraine HENDY on 0419 248 548
WE WOULD LOVE TO MEET WITH YOU.
You can also check out these websites for more information on Lions CLuubs International:
Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/kawanalionsclub/
or search - #morethansausages for the latest Lions Australia video.
Becoming a Lion
Lions club members are men and women who strive to make a difference in their local community as well as in communities worldwide. Their volunteer efforts go beyond the support of vision care, to addressing unmet health and education needs worldwide.